.

Guerrieri Rizzardi

The historic, estate wine producer Guerrieri Rizzardi, was formed in 1913 from the union of two noble Veronese families: Counts Guerrieri, landowners in Bardolino, and Counts Rizzardi, with vineyards in Valpolicella since 1649. In 1914, following the marriage between the two families, the first Guerrieri Rizzardi label was created. Later, in the 1970s, the Soave estate was acquired. In 2011 the new winery, logistics and administrative headquarters of the company was opened in the hills of Bardolino and today the company is managed by Giuseppe, Olimpia and Agostino Rizzardi

Negrar, the cradle of our cru vineyards.

In Valpolicella, the vineyards, cellar and grape drying rooms are in Negrar, where vineyards are coltivate with passion and know-how. Here Corvinone and Corvina grapes are planted, together with Rondinella, Barbera, Sangiovese and Merlot. From these vineyards borns the historic cru wines: Calcarole, Clos Roareti, Pojega and Villa Rizzardi. The vineyards are planted in a hilly area at an altitude of 190 to 250 meters with the vines grown in trellises and rows on clay soils with a strong limestone presence. The vineyard of Pojega, planted with trellised vines over 40 years old, is the source of the Amarone Villa Rizzardi; production is limited and bottles are all numbered. The other standard bearer, Amarone Calcarole, comes from vines grown on the terraces of Calcarole hill which enjoys ideal south west sun exposure. The wine is produced only in the best years in a limited quantity of numbered bottles.