The name Brigaldara can be found for the first time in 1260 in a legal document which identies a group of rural buildings surrounded by countryside just outside San Floriano. The Cesari family bought the villain 1929, and in the fties and sixties reconverted it back to the production of oil and wine. In 1979 the family started wine making and the company bought four hectares in the area of Marano, which added to the four hectares inherited from the maternal side of the family. This was followed by the purchase, also by the mother’s family Emelia Arvedi, of Case Vecie an area of 70 hectares, of which now nine hectares are planted with vines. The last purchase was 20 hectares in Marcellise, just east of Verona. The company is run today by Stefano Cesari with the help of his sons.
It all starts with the vine.
All the vineyards owned are managed directly and are either pergola or guyot. All the agricultural and vine choices are made based on an extreme respect for the land and the value it gives. Commitment and effort is aimed at achieving a balance between production capacity and optimal grape ripeness, taking into account all the needs of each plant. Amarone, Ripasso and Valpolicella are the three agship wines of the company.